Trane® Home App Freezes When Changing Zone Modes -
Apple® iOS® 15.5
Since the recent upgrade to iOS 15.5 on Apple mobile devices, we have identified an issue that causes the iOS version of the Trane Home mobile app to freeze when setting Zone Modes on XXL thermostats.
After selecting Auto, Cooling, Heating, or Off mode from the Zone Tile, the wait spinner appears and the app will not return to normal operation. This requires the app to be restarted. The behavior is illustrated below, along with how to restart the app.
- Here, the homeowner is selecting the desired Zone Tile.
- Next, they attempt to set the Zone Mode for the selected Zone.
- From the Zone Mode pop-up, they select the desired Mode. In this case, they have chosen Off. NOTE: This issue affects all modes.
- A blue spinner appears on the screen as the app attempts to change modes. The app is now frozen; it will need to be closed and restarted.
- To close the frozen app, the user quickly taps the Home button twice, allowing them to drag the app off of the screen. The Home button can be found at the bottom center of the screen.
NOTE: The user must drag the app straight upward and off the screen to close it. Moving the app in any other direction will not close it.
- The user can now tap the Trane Home icon to reload the app.
While our developers work diligently to resolve the issue, please use the following workaround to change modes.
- From the dashboard, select your XXL thermostat. This will display all of the Zones associated with that thermostat.
- Tap the tile for the desired Zone.
- Press Settings in the lower right corner of the screen.
- From the Settings menu, select Zone Mode.
- Choose the desired mode from the pop-up.
- The zone should now successfully switch to the chosen mode.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have opened a ticket with Customer Support, you will receive an update once this issue has been fully resolved.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.