Trane Home Beta App - Fan Control
We encourage customers who have been invited to join the Trane Home app beta release to use the beta version as much as possible and send your honest feedback to email@example.com.
Should you want to switch between the classic Trane Home app experience and the beta version, you can do so easily.
The Trane Home beta app allows you to turn on your fan to circulate air through your home either on-demand or on a schedule. To run the fan as needed, use the Circulate Air feature. To schedule the fan to run regularly or continuously, modify the Air Circulation settings in your routine.
NOTE: Running the fan does not affect heating or cooling. If your HVAC system is heating or cooling, the fan will always run throughout the heating or cooling cycle.
The fan speed defaults to 50% when neither heating nor cooling and you cannot change it in the app. Fan Speed can only be changed at the thermostat when the fan is in Circulate or On mode.
- Tap Fan Mode at the bottom of the thermostat screen.
- Select On or Circulate.
- Choose Fan Options.
- Select High (100%), Medium (75%), or Low (50%) and press Done.
All routines include the Circulate Air feature, allowing you to run the fan on demand for 15 or 30 minutes.
Locate Circulate Air near the center of the screen and select either 15 min or 30 min to turn the fan on.
A white bubble will appear under Circulate Air to indicate when the fan will automatically stop. If you want to stop the fan cycle early, tap the X in the far right of that bubble.
Scheduling Air Circulation
You can schedule your fan to run regularly or continuously via the Air Circulation feature. This can be done while in any routine or mode, and you can select the routines to which the Air Circulation settings will apply.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select Air Circulation.
Select Routinely circulate the air when neither heating nor cooling to enable routine air circulation.
- If the toggle is on the right and blue/teal in color, routine air circulation is enabled.
- If the toggle is on the left and grey in color, routine air circulation is disabled.
Select a circulation option.
- Circulate Periodically - this will be selected by default. The fan will run a minimum number of minutes per hour; tap the box to change the minutes per hour. The default setting is 30 minutes per hour, which is the maximum allowable.
- Circulate Continuously - the fan will run continuously unless and until you choose to change the setting.
- Select which routines in which you would like the fan to run as scheduled. All routines will be selected by default. Tap the checkbox next to any routine you do not want to include to uncheck it.
- Press Save to apply your selections.
★ REMINDER: The fan will always run while the system is heating or cooling! ★
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.