Scheduling Using Your Trane® Wireless Thermostat
Creating and updating schedules on a Trane XL824/850/1050 Control wireless smart thermostat can be done from the thermostat, the web portal, or the mobile app.
To create or update schedules using the mobile application, click here.
To create or update schedules using the web portal, click here.
NOTE: You must have Schedule Settings enabled to configure schedules. If you need assistance, please see How To Enable/Disable Schedule Settings.
To Access Schedules
- Press Menu.
- Press Schedules & Presets.
Select the type of schedule you want to set.
- 1-Touch Presets - Easily set any one of the three most common schedules: Away, Home, and Sleep
- Energy Savings - This allows you to select a specific Energy Saving schedule that cannot be modified. There are three options: Workday, where heating and cooling are set for energy savings during the workday; Workday Ultimate, where heating and cooling are set for higher energy savings during the workday; and Sleep Enhancement where heating and cooling are set for energy savings on a schedule that is identical for all days to enhance your sleep.
- Custom Schedule - Allows you to completely customize your schedules. You can choose to use Guided Scheduling that will walk you through setting your own customized schedule, or you can set schedules manually.
Using 1-Touch Presets
- Select which schedule you want to modify by clicking the Away, Home, or Sleep "house" icon.
- Press the blue Cool To button to change cooling or the red Heat To button to change heating.
- Use the up and down arrows to change the temperature as desired.
Using Energy Savings
- Select which energy-saving preset you want to apply by pressing the correlating button on the left side of the screen.
- Review the settings displayed and confirm that this is the schedule you want to use. You cannot modify an Energy Savings preset.
- Press Apply.
Using Custom Schedules
Guided Scheduling can walk you through setting up your schedule through a series of on-screen prompts if desired.
Press Guided Scheduling.
Follow all of the prompts and press Apply when it appears on the screen. The thermostat will apply the changes and return to the Custom Schedules screen after a few moments.
- Press Guided Scheduling.
You can manually customize schedules using the buttons on the Custom Schedules screen.
Select the days of the week that will follow the same schedule. If individual days will follow their own schedules, select only that day of the week. Press Apply when done.
Select Add Period to set a daypart. You can have up to four periods defined, and the thermostat will display a message to this effect if you already have four periods.
Press the green plus sign where you want to add a period.
Choose Home, Away, Evening, or Sleep to use a pre-defined period name or choose New to define your own period name. Press Next to proceed.
Confirm the period has been added and press Apply.
- You can now customize the start time, end time, cooling temperature, and heating temperature for each period.
From the Custom Schedules screen, select any period by pressing its name.
- If you want to change the start time for a period, select Time Start. If you want to change the end time for a period, select Time End.
- Up and Down arrows will appear on the right side of the screen along with a clock icon. Use these arrows to change the time and select Apply. It may take a few moments for the thermostat to apply the updates.
- If you want to change the temperatures for a period, select either Cool To or Heat To for the period to be modified.
- The arrows on the right side of the screen will display three waves. If Cool To is selected, the waves will be blue and if Heat To is selected, the waves will be red. Use the up and down arrows to change the temperature and select Apply. It may take a few moments for the thermostat to apply the updates.
- Select Grouping.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.