How to Remove an XL824/824B/850/1050 Thermostat From Trane® Home
You may need to remove a thermostat from your Trane Home account if you cancel your account, sell the property, or replace the thermostat. If you are selling your home, the thermostat must be removed from your account so the next homeowner can register it to their own account.
If you need to remove a thermostat from your Trane Home account, please follow one of the processes below to remove the device via the thermostat or web portal. When completed, the device can be added to a new account if desired.
How To Remove an XL Thermostat via the On-Screen Menu
NOTE: This process will only work if the thermostat is connected to WiFi.
- On the thermostat that you want to remove from your account, press Menu.
- Select Smart Home.
- Tap Advanced.
- Choose Unregister.
- Press Yes to confirm that you want to continue.
- Once the thermostat returns to the Menu screen, it is unregistered and ready to be added to another account, if desired.
How to Remove an XL Thermostat via the Web Portal
- Log into the Trane Home web portal.
- If you have multiple homes, select the home that contains the thermostat you want to remove.
- Select Climate from the blue menu on the left side of the screen.
- Locate the thermostat you want to remove and select Menu in its control pane.
- Select Remove.
- Press Remove to confirm that you want to remove the thermostat from your account.
- Once the portal returns to the Climate screen, the thermostat is unregistered and ready to be added to another account, if desired.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.
Article is closed for comments.