What Is the Warranty on My Thermostat?
Every Trane® thermostat comes with a limited warranty on its internal functioning parts. Because the thermostat is part of your HVAC system, warranty service is provided by your dealer. There are two types of warranties: Registered Limited Warranty and Base Limited Warranty.
Registered Limited Warranty
Your thermostat is covered by a Registered Limited Warranty if:
- The thermostat was installed by a licensed Trane (or American Standard®) dealer AND
- You registered your thermostat with Trane Home within 60 days of installation.
Base Limited Warranty
Your thermostat is covered by a Base Limited Warranty if either of the following is true:
- The thermostat was not installed by a licensed Trane (or American Standard) dealer OR
- The thermostat is not registered to Trane Home or was not registered within 60 days of installation.
|Registered Limited Warranty
|Base Limited Warranty
- Trane Home Customer Support can provide general warranty information based on the model of your thermostat, but we cannot provide specific warranty information for your device. Please contact your licensed dealer or Product Registration for specific warranty terms, conditions, and expiration.
- If you are a new homeowner, your HVAC system was installed by the previous owner, and you would like to request a warranty transfer or extension, please contact Product Registration.
- Product Registration can be reached at 1-855-260-2975, where representatives are available Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 6 PM ET.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at email@example.com or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.