Temperature High and Low Alerts
To receive an alert when your Indoor Temperature drops below or rises above certain temperatures, you will need to enable "Send High and Low Threshold Alerts" in the Trane® Home web portal.
NOTE: This article applies only to the Link (UX360) thermostat.
- If you need assistance with setting these alerts on an XL824, XL850, XL950, or XL1050, please refer to How To Set Temperature High and Low Alerts (XL824/XL850/XL950/XL1050)
- If you need assistance with setting these alerts on an XL624 or XR724, please refer to How To Set Temperature High and Low Alerts (XL624 and XR724 Only)
- Log in to the Trane Home web portal.
- If you have multiple homes, select the home you want to change.
- Click Climate on the left side of the page.
- Locate the Link thermostat and click Edit Settings.
- Click the checkbox next to Send High and Low Temperature Alerts to enable alerts. If alerts are already enabled, you can disable them by clicking the checkbox to remove the checkmark.
- Once alerts are enabled, you will see the high and low threshold temperatures appear. By default, these are set to send alerts when the temperature drops below 35° F or rises above 85° F. You can change these using the dropdown boxes.
NOTE: To avoid numerous alerts throughout the day, it is important that there is enough difference between your temperature settings and your High/Low alert thresholds. Allow a minimum of 5 degrees difference between your alert temperatures and your setpoints. For example, if you set your heat to 70° and cool to 65°, your High threshold should be no less than 75° and your Low threshold should be no higher than 60°.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.
Article is closed for comments.