Streaming Video Playback Issues on Apple® iOS® 15.2 Devices
Apple's recent iOS upgrade to version 15.2 on all Apple mobile devices has caused an issue where Trane® Home mobile app is unable to display streaming video live from the camera when the camera is set to a resolution of 720p (HD). Our engineers are looking into this problem at this time.
If your live stream doesn't work, i.e., gives an error or shows a black screen, please proceed with the process below.
To View Live Video on Apple Devices Running iOS v15.2
- On your mobile device, log into the Trane Home mobile app.
- Select the Camera you wish to view. NOTE: If there are no devices on your account other than a single camera, skip to Step 3.
- Once in the Camera screen, select Settings in the lower-right corner.
- Select Resolution at the top of the Settings menu.
- Choose HIGH from the pop-up menu.
- Press the back button in the upper-left corner to return to the Camera screen.
- Tap Show Video.
- Live video playback should now work.
- If you wish to resume 720p HD camera recordings, the camera can be set back to 720p HD using the same process. As mentioned previously, it is still possible to view recordings made in 720p HD.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Trane Home Customer Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-288-7707, Monday-Friday 9 AM – 8 PM ET, and Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM ET.